School Counseling

MHS 1st Semester Student Survey

For counseling help, please call (757) 886-7722 (Fax 874-9341). Make an appointment with a School Counselor.

Attention all Seniors and Parents of College Bound Seniors: Many colleges have decided to no longer accept SAT/ACT scores sent directly from the applicant's high school. It is the recommendation of the school counseling department that each student send official copies of test scores to the university directly from the College Board. Students may choose up to 4 colleges/universities at the time of registration for the test or on test day at no charge. After that point, you must go to the College Board or ACT website to request that official scores are sent to the schools to which one is applying. Please note: There is a $10 charge (per school) for requesting scores after registration/test day.

More Resources

Course Offerings:

Parent Action Plans:

SAT Information:

ACT Information:

AP Information: All students enrolled in an AP course are expected to take the AP Exam associated with that course. The score a student earns on the AP test has the potential to earn them college credits, so it is important to take these tests seriously and prepare sufficiently for them

College, Career and Financial Aid Related Links: